2017 PR Daily Social & Digital Media Award Winner
In early 2017, The Diplomat in Hollywood, FL rebranded to a Curio Collection by Hilton and strived to reposition itself as a luxury beach resort. The overall goal was to drive awareness of the redesigned Diplomat Beach Resort’s offerings and programs. We wanted loyalists to #RediscoverDiplomat through integrated social campaigns.
The key messaging of the #RediscoverDiplomat campaign was that the property was revitalized and a brand-new luxury beach resort you can’t find anywhere else in Hollywood Beach. The goal was to show past guests how much the hotel has changed for the better and get them to visit again in 2017. In addition to getting future guests to consider coming to Hollywood instead of Miami or other typical resort cities in Florida. We used micro-targeting and messaging to reach the right audience at the right time.
Our target audience primarily lived in the North East and local Miami drive market. We segmented our message to reach both past guests and new guests. Past guests were encouraged to come back to the resort to #rediscover everything they loved about the hotel with modern additions. Future guests were encouraged to see the Diplomat as its own luxury resort where you don’t need to leave the hotel to have a great meal and splash around with your kids.
We heavily researched the luxury market to understand the drivers of our target audience within the East Coast. Based on our findings, the #RediscoverDiplomat campaign was developed in two phases. The first phase was called the Reveal Phase, with the goal of driving awareness. During this phase, we provided exclusive teasers on how the Diplomat was changing. The second phase was called the Celebratory Phase, with the goal of driving engagement. During phase two, The Diplomat had a large Grand Opening which included local VIPs and 3 full days of activities. We leveraged Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & Snapchat’s Geo-Filters during The Grand Reveal weekend to post live content & engage with guests in real-time. We also distributed social media hand-outs to encourage the use of the #RediscoverDiplomat hashtag, set-up photo spot decals throughout the resort to provide guests simple and accessible ways to share & launched a photo contest that invited guests to share photos during their stay.
The results significantly outperformed expectations:
- Diplomat garnered over 486K impressions on owned content across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Snapchat during the Grand Reveal weekend – 5x higher than projected
- The Diplomat Beach Resort’s Instagram Stories on Friday and Saturday garnered over 9K total impressions
- Snapchat Geo-Filters garnered 19,425 Views, the most used Geo-Filters to-date
- #RediscoverDiplomat was utilized 290 times throughout the Grand Reveal weekend on Instagram
- Facebook Videos shared on Diplomat’s Facebook Page garnered over 29K views and 1.4K engagements becoming our most watched videos of the year
- #RediscoverDiplomat photo contest received over 400 total entries
- Our community management team handled over 1.6K social media messages in real-time over the Grand Reveal weekend